Dear Valued Customers,
As we continue to monitor the emerging COVID-19 developments, J. E. Bergasse & Company Ltd. along with the other members of our Group, United Insurance Agents (St. Lucia) Ltd. and Agostini Insurance Brokers (St. Lucia) Ltd wishes to reassure you that protecting the safety, security, and productivity of clients, partners, and our employees are of the utmost importance.
Over the course of the last few weeks, our business continuity team has drafted a COVID-19 response plan with the simple objective of ensuring that measures aligned with government guidelines and directives from the World Health Organization are in place to provide you with uninterrupted access to your services.
At present, we do not anticipate supply or service issues due to the COVID-19 outbreak, however, below are key actions we’ve taken to help protect our colleagues and try to prevent COVID-19 at our facilities:
- Increasing sanitizing and cleaning routines at our facilities and encouraging colleagues to use good hygiene practices, including frequent handwashing. We have ramped up cleaning procedures and are disinfecting high traffic areas frequently.
- Limiting all customer-facing engagements have been restricted to only mandatory encounters that cannot be executed otherwise. We will be using communication alternatives, namely, email, and telephone or web conferencing in accordance with social distancing practices encouraged by the WHO.
- Educating colleagues about the virus and sharing resources on how to keep the workplace clean.
- Requiring colleagues to work from home for a period of time if they have traveled to high-risk areas – or have had any direct contact with others who have, or display worrying symptoms.
- Implementing additional safety measures for carriers who pick up and deliver to/from our facilities for the safety of all involved.
- We are also actively managing our supply chain operations and will take additional steps as needed to meet the needs of our customers.
- Lastly, we are encouraging all our customers to maximize the use of bill payments via our SurePay Online portal. For FREE registration, here are the 3 easy steps:
- Call in or email to register by contacting us via” Tel: Ms. Nisa Smith – 456-6551 / 486-6881 or Ms. Felicia Flavius – 485-8663″ & Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
- Your account will be manually created from our end & your login details will be provided
- Payments can be made through international debit/credit cards at absolutely no cost to you
Our facilities will remain open, but please check our opening hours as they may change for safety reasons. Opening hours are available at www.facebook.com/jebergasse.
We continue to coordinate with the relevant authorities to obtain up to date advisories and continue to implement all preventative measures possible to ensure your continued safety and the continued safety of our employees. We encourage you to continue to monitor our local news and official reports from The Government of St.Lucia, through the Ministry of Health, WHO, CDC, and PAHO.
Thank you for your continued confidence in us, we truly appreciate our relationship with you. We are optimistic that with these practices in place, and your continued support, we will limit the spread and impact of COVID-19. If the situation changes, we will be sure to communicate accordingly. May you, your family and your community continue to be safe.
Anthony M. Bergasse
J. E. BERGASSE & COMPANY LTD.